Friday, June 18, 2010

BUT - For Us or Against Us?

How many of us have heard or said these words?
“I believe God loves me, BUT...”.
“I know God forgives me, BUT…”.
“The Scripture says…, BUT …”.
These are all words using the big “BUT” against us.

The following is a reversal. Why not use “BUT” for us?
1. God loves me totally, completely, unequivocally, irrevocably, forever - past, present, future. NO BUTS. (Romans 8:35-39). I was cut off from God (through Adam and Eve), BUT God sent Jesus (because He loves me – see #1) to shed His blood for the remission of my sins, bringing me into salvation and relationship with God. (John 3:16)
3. In my flesh there is no good thing, BUT my flesh has been crucified with Christ. My flesh can’t keep God’s standard, BUT Jesus is keeping it for me. (Romans 7:18-Romans 8:4; Philippians 2:13)
4. I am experiencing hard times and tribulation, BUT Jesus Christ lives in me and He has overcome the world; I am more than a conqueror in Him. (John 16:33: Romans 8:37)
5. My life doesn’t seem victorious, BUT God is completing the work He began in me. (Philippians 1:6)

CHALLENGE:
Next time you use the little word “BUT”, use it for you (positive), rather than against you (negative). Make your own list! Besides giving you a whole new outlook, it also works wonders in searching the Scriptures to see if a thing is true, rather than searching to see if a thing isn’t true. “The Bereans received the Word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.” ( Acts 17:11)

Final Thoughts...
“Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, BUT WE KNOW that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.” (1 John 3:2)

“The wages of sin is death, BUT the gift of God is eternal life.” (Romans 6:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment